Friday, July 29, 2011

Recipe: Irish Stew with an Austrian-German Approach

Living in Ireland 6 years now, it took me quiet a while until i tried the first time myself to make a Irish Stew.

Coming from a Country (Austria) which traditionally prepares the Goulash it took me some time to overcome the prejudice that Irish Stew isn't tasty.

So the best way to overcome that was to give it a try myself, and I had two good friends to help, So let me tell you about the Irish Stew with an Austrian-German Approach;

Ingredients:
800 gram neck of lamb, cubed
800 gram of potatoes, peeled and sliced
400 gram of carrots
400 gram of onions
3 pieces of garlic
dash of redwine
fresh thyme and cumin
1 liter lamb stock ( i used the stock i had left from cooking the bones from the Tajine i made the other day)
freshly ground pepper, salt to taste



Cut the garlic and onion, and fry it until golden brown,
add the diced lamb and fry until nice brown. Add spices and top up with the lamb stock.
add the carrots first, after the potato. Cook for one hour. Take one potato and grind it into the stew, giving the stew a nice consistency.

Enjoy



No comments:

Post a Comment