Sunday, July 31, 2011

Kerry, or the silence of the lambs

Look at this lovely little lambs, little babies, which work the mountains in Country Kerry, giving this landscape its shape, and preventing the meadows from getting to wild.

Who would think in a moment like that, about lamb soup, a tajine made of a leg of lamb, etc. fore sure not a vegetarian.

I have to say, I considered it too, but (please don't take it wrong if you are a Veggie) I think it is against nature not to eat everything the nature provides us with. We are made that way, so why changing it. For a religious believe OK, but just because its a life style thing, i wouldn't.

I have seen however pictures of mass animal transporters, of "meat factories", etc. thats why I want to see where my food comes from.

Today its easy, with the labeling, or best with a butcher of your trust,
you have a choice, what to eat, and what not.

I enjoyed my lamb chop last weekend, fresh from the grill, surrounded by lambs, on a table build from stone. OK, it sounds maybe a bit awkward or macabre for somebody living in a big city never seen a animal in nature, buts thats just the way it is on the Country Side in Ireland. 

I hope that doesn't change.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment